LOCAL CHARITY, THE SANDBOX, CELEBRATES A DECADE WITH “GIVE BACK WEEK”
In a year of deeper needs than ever before, The Sandbox decided to not only take care of our own but lend a helping hand to other organizations. 2020 is a year of celebratory markings for the charity, yet instead of balloons and streamers to commemorate, we have been pounding the ground harder than ever before to assist 10 other deserving organizations. But we know we can’t do it alone and we are asking your assistance in this unique 10-year anniversary celebration.
The Sandbox is celebrating our 10 | 10 Anniversary, that is 10 years of CARRE-ing and celebrating with families in Charlotte via our annual red-carpet styled “An Evening of Believing” Prom (2020) and 10 years of being recognized as an official charity (2021)! In early 2020, The Sandbox committed to supporting or serving 10 organizations in honor of our 10 | 10 Anniversary. And while COVID prevented us from hosting a prom, we maintained our commitment to support these organizations.
As human beings, we are at our best when we are caring for one another and giving back is the greatest gift The Sandbox Team can give to show our deepest gratitude for 10 years of unwavered support of our families. Helping others is also of paramount importance right now as we continue to unify within our communities to face the COVID-19 crisis head on.
Want to join in and assist? See below for our upcoming Give Back opportunities:
Give Back Week | October 5–9 In early 2020, The Sandbox committed to supporting or serving 10 organizations in honor of our 10 | 10 Anniversary. Those partnerships have included:
10 Givebacks & Offerings for Year 10
- SAS Cupcakes Give Back | Easter & Mother’s Day Events
- Lakewood Care CenterWindow Visits (2)
- The sHe REIGNS Conference
- Blessing Boxes | 1 Can
- Stolen Lunches
Give Back Week | Oct. 5-9 Give Back Week is the grand finale of this promise, and the community is invited to participate in the final activities and drives as The Sandbox honors the late Christian Reid, son of “Fly Ty” and step-son of Jacinda Jacobs:
- Food Drive | Sept.23-Oct 7 The Sandbox is hosting a food drive in honor of Christian Reid. Non-Perishable Food & Personal Hygiene Items can be dropped off at these Uwharrie Bank Locations:
Items can be dropped off at these Uwharrie Bank Locations:
– Uwharrie Bank at 5231 Piper Station Dr #100, Charlotte, NC 28277, M–F, 9 AM–5 PM
– Uwharrie Bank Mortgage at 141 Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28207, M–F 8:30 AM–5:30 PM
– Uwharrie Bank at 25 Palaside Drive, NE, Concord, NC 28025, M–F 8:30 AM–5:00 PM
- PR Event | Oct. 9| 1 PM, The Sandbox will hold a PR Event at Uwharrie Bank in Concord (25 Palaside Dr NE, Concord, NC 28025) and present the donations to Stolen Lunches and Cabarrus Blessing Boxes with Mayor Bill Dusch.
- Haircuts For Homeless | Oct. 6 | 10am to 3pm The Sandbox will partner with Aveda School Of Charlotte to provide Haircuts For The Homeless. The address is: 1520 South Blvd #150, Charlotte, NC 28203
- S&K Funnel Cakes will collect items for the homeless at all upcoming events and locations from Sept. 27th-Oct. 8th in preparation for creating Blessing Boxes and Bags. Items such as toothbrushes and travel size tubes of toothpaste, deodorants, lotions, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc as well as socks, gloves, scarves, hats(beanies), etc for men, women and children. All who donate will receive a $1 discount on a funnel cake for a donation. For a list of their upcoming events, please visit: skfunnelcakes.com
THANK YOU to Charlotte, Concord, and the surrounding communities for supporting The Sandbox through a decade of serving children and their families dealing with cancer, a life-altering, rare or terminal illness. We couldn’t have done this without you!